Matthew's Foray into Blogging

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Plenty of Ice Cream Here

I recently acquired a Cuisinart® Automatic Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker. My previous ice cream maker was a Donvier™ Ice Cream Maker. I made ice cream with the Cuisinart ice cream machine for the first time today. I was quite thrilled with the results! The ice cream was nicely aerated – light and fluffy – which is what an ice cream maker is supposed to produce. There were no complaints such as, "Why are restaurant ice creams so light?" The Cuisinart did all the work, too. I just flipped the switch, and, in about twenty minutes, we had a wonderfully textured lemon ice cream! (I did have to make the ice cream base.) The Donvier, which is a manual model and which does not cost significantly less than the Cuisinart, required a few turns of the handle every couple of minutes; the task became increasingly difficult as the ice cream froze.

I look forward to making more ice creams and sorbets this summer using the Cuisinart ice cream machine. When my second ice cream cylinder for the Cuisinart machine arrives, thanks to the Sur La Table Free Cuisinart Freezer Bowl offer, we should experience no dearth of frozen desserts.

4 Comments:

  • Yummy, I scream for icecream, which flavors will you be serving on your Blog this summer?

    By Blogger Astrid, at 6:27 AM, June 29, 2005  

  • I made a lemon ice cream most recently, to accompany a blueberry cobbler. I am accepting requests for other ice cream and sorbet flavors.

    By Blogger Matthew, at 7:32 AM, June 29, 2005  

  • Oh, my favorite is frozen yoghurt! Can I have a cone with ten scoops on it and a guarantee that I won't spill a single bit of it over your beautiful and clean Blog?

    By Blogger Astrid, at 12:14 AM, July 03, 2005  

  • I quite enjoy yogurt, also. What flavor might you like?

    The Cuisinart® Automatic Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker continues to work fabulously! The strawberry sorbet turned out quite nicely.

    By Blogger Matthew, at 3:34 AM, July 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home