Matthew's Foray into Blogging

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The Check Is in the Mail

Every day when I go to the mailbox, I am hopeful that there will be a check in the mail for me. Of course, there very rarely is. Very infrequently do I receive money in the mail. (For that matter, very infrequently do I receive money.) The only mail I receive are bills. I also receive letters from law firms responding to the résumés and résumé cover letters I send to them. The responses invariably state that, although my résumé is impressive (actually, it is not), they do not currently have a position for someone with my qualifications. They then thank me for my interest in their law firm and wish me the best in my legal career.

I think I will head on down to the mailbox, now. Maybe there will be a much-needed check.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home