Matthew's Foray into Blogging

Thursday, July 21, 2005

How was Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince?

I inquired of my sister, an avid Harry Potter fan, how Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was. How was it?


eh
it was good
but just frustrating
no closure
and i dont see how she can wrap it all up sufficiently in another book
and he didnt get any kick ass powers that make me confident in his ability to kick ass

The previous books had “more fun stuff” in the “wizard world.” The Half-Blood Prince “just stuck to the plot,” lacking the imaginative and fun adventures that made the prior installments so enthralling. Other reviewers praised Ms. Rowling for further developing the characters in this latest installment of the Harry Potter series. My sister lamented the brevity of The Half-Blood Prince. Ms. Rowling rushed the ending, it seems.

I am among the small minority that has not read the Harry Potter books.

5 Comments:

  • I've only read the first one...So I'm kinda in the minority as well. Like a mixed child, you know? half black, half white...well maybe not.

    By Blogger Ashley, at 11:27 PM, July 22, 2005  

  • Me too. Me too. Thomas and another good friend of mine have been trying since "The Sorcerer's Stone" to get me to read these damn books. Telling me that it's "not just for kids." But there was always too much hype surrounding their release and that always turns me off.

    I am also one of the few that didn't read "The Da Vinci Code" or see "Titanic."

    By Blogger AnnChaser, at 1:16 PM, July 23, 2005  

  • I hope my sister does not hear me say this, but, I used to think that I should read the Harry Potter books, but, I no longer feel that way. It is not as though they are great literature. I do not intend to disparage Ms. Rowling, though; she has an incredible imagination.

    By Blogger Matthew, at 7:39 PM, July 23, 2005  

  • The massive public appeal of this series is a pretty good indication that it sucksit.

    By Anonymous hal, at 1:05 PM, July 25, 2005  

  • oh come on matthew, disparage ms. rowling!!! perhaps you'll like it...

    By Blogger AnnChaser, at 7:57 PM, July 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home