Matthew's Foray into Blogging

Saturday, July 02, 2005

My Current Unemployment

Despite my $60,000 advanced degree, my licensure as an attorney in the State of Texas, and the submission of résumés and résumé cover letters to at least 134 law firms and government offices or courts and counting, I still count myself among the unemployed.

Why is this so? Am I unemployable? Is my failure to place in the top 5% of my graduating class the cause of my inability to secure employment? I hear that the job market is not strong, currently, and that demand for attorneys is low. That is what I am finding.

Maybe I should relocate to Ireland, the second richest nation in Europe, which has zero unemployment. Upon reconsidering, maybe I should not move to Ireland. They would not want me driving up unemployment.

2 Comments:

  • Maybe you should invent a thing for applying sunscreen to your own back and start your own business in it. Don't do it in Ireland though, where there is hardly any sun, but stay home, in Texas?

    By Blogger Astrid, at 12:18 AM, July 03, 2005  

  • What if somebody reads this blog and likes it and decides to hire you, Matt?

    By Blogger Thomas, at 6:42 PM, July 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home