Matthew's Foray into Blogging

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Why Are Muslims So Angry?

Why are Muslims so angry? If Muslims don’t want to assimilate, don’t go to Europe. If Muslims don’t want foreigners meddling in their affairs in the Arabian Peninsula, don’t sell your oil to Americans and Europeans.

There are many things upon which I look with disfavor. There are some things that make me angry. I dislike the fact that America is dependent on oil and that we place American lives at risk and spend billions of dollars to secure a supply of oil from the Middle East. I dislike the fact that America is involved in the Middle East. I am miffed that it cost $20 to put gas in my Honda Civic. I loathe daytime television. However, I do not blow up schoolchildren or innocent people as they try to make their way to work.

I hope some ayatollah does not issue a fatwa against me for making these statements. (I know; fatwas only apply in the Arab world.)

1 Comments:

  • In Dutch, there is a little rhyme, translated it goes like this:

    "Are you angry? Pick a rose. Put it on your hat. And then tomorrow everything will be okay again."

    Somehow it sounds way more appealing in Dutch than in English. Anyhow, I don't think the Muslims agree with this theory, huh? They rather seem to blow up public places. Way scary!!! Way way scary!!!

    By Blogger Astrid, at 1:15 PM, July 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home