Matthew's Foray into Blogging

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Envy of My Siblings

Because I am not in school and because I am unemployed, I am the envy of my brother, who strongly dislikes his job, and my sister, who would really rather not be in her first semester of law school. As a result, I must suffer such remarks as, “It must be nice not to have any homework,” “It must be nice not to have to work,” and “I wish I had free time.” I have put in my time in school; in fact, I did not find school as unpleasant as some people apparently do. It is not by choice that I find myself without a job and an income, despite my efforts to secure employment. These comments are wearisome, and, truth be told, I somewhat resent the gripes. I do not harbor any ill feelings, though. I do not like to see my brother and sister unhappy.

3 Comments:

  • I don't recall ever making any comments like those. I may not approve of your use of your free time but that's just because I'd probably be doing something more productive like sleeping.

    When people make comments like those about how my situation "must be nice" I usually agree with them. Of course, they're usually a result of me talking about how nice it is that I don't have financial problems because I don't have kids. Stupid kids.

    By Blogger hal the brown, at 11:22 AM, August 31, 2005  

  • must be nice to have time to write mean blogs about your siblings.

    oh wait... i do have time apparently.
    hahahhahahaa ha ha ha hahahaha ha.

    both of you need to get some kids.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:24 PM, August 31, 2005  

  • oops that was me above

    By Blogger Katherine, at 12:25 PM, August 31, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home