Matthew's Foray into Blogging

Monday, August 29, 2005

Now This Is Journalism!

I wouldn’t have believed there was a Hurricane Katrina hammering New Orleans had I not seen the moron news correspondents out there on the ground being blown about by the wind. Those satellite pictures are wholly unconvincing, to me. I have to see television images of idiots on the ground, in the roaring wind and driving rain, before I will be convinced that there is a category 4 or 5 storm out there. Those talking heads in the studios do not earn ratings. CNN correspondents coursing through the air does boost ratings.

1 Comments:

  • and that's why i didn't go into journalism - those people are idiots. but they are giving the public what it wants. more viewers would tune in if they could see dead bodies blowing by the reporters. or if the reporters were wearing sti badges.

    By Blogger Katherine, at 7:26 PM, August 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home