Matthew's Foray into Blogging

Monday, September 12, 2005

Got Five Thousand Dollars!

Actually, I don’t have $5,000, but I feel like I do.[1] I just completed the Texas Supreme Court Mandated Guide to the Basics of Law Practice CLE course and earned four hours of CLE credit, all for the low, low price of $120. The Supreme Court of Texas has mandated that lawyers licensed in Texas take a professionalism course within twelve months of being licensed.

My brother inquired, “was it as exciting as it sounds?” It was not too unbearable. I viewed an hour-long video on each of four days. I could have attended a live course, on December 2, but I opted to do it online. It is a small accomplishment, but it is good to have it behind me.

[1] You may recall that, in Wayne’s World, Wayne and Garth gleefully chant, “Got five thousand dollars! Got five thousand dollars!” after they are given a $5,000 advance to put on a concert.

1 Comments:

  • "A gun rack... a gun rack. I don't even own A gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack. What am I gonna do... with a gun rack?"

    I know you were referencing the sequel but that quote's from the first one.

    By Blogger hal the brown, at 9:35 AM, September 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home