Matthew's Foray into Blogging

Friday, September 16, 2005

Hate Driving to Conroe

I strongly dislike – Hate? Yes – having to drive up I-45 to Conroe. Fortunately, it is not frequently necessary for me to visit the Montgomery County Courthouse, thus requiring that I make that trip. The road construction usually causes traffic delays, and the thirty mile roundtrip jaunt is particularly burdensome with regular gasoline currently costing $3.00 a gallon. It’s not as though there is even anything else to do while in Conroe to make the drive worthwhile. When I go into Houston, conversely, there are other places to visit, like Whole Foods, Central Market, or Serenitea, and there is no dearth of interesting restaurants at which to dine. (I do feel strangely compelled to try the hole-in-the-wall-looking Taqueria la Carreta in Conroe; despite its appearance, it seems to draw people.)

I have to go to the County Clerk’s office in Conroe today. Maybe I can at least claim the 48.5 cent per mile reimbursement on my tax return. I think I am procrastinating.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home