Matthew's Foray into Blogging

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

My Alumni Mentors

My alumni mentors were incredibly helpful while I was in law school and while I was preparing for the bar exam. They offered much sage advice on course selection and on studying for final exams and the bar exam; they made passing the bar exam seem very doable, among the other support the provided. They both made partner about a year-and-a-half ago. Both of my alumni mentors are excellent lawyers, despite the generally poor reputation of our alma mater, which is quite undeserved.

My alumni mentors seem to have forgotten about me. I suspect they are of the opinion that I am a loser, since I did not hold a clerkship during law school, and since I have been unable to find employment, despite having passed the bar exam four-and-a-half months ago. I do not fault them.

My alumni mentors are probably too busy for a little loser law school graduate, now that they are partners in a reputable law firm. A few months ago, we had arranged to meet for lunch. I drove the thirty miles into town, only to learn that one of them had a conflict, of which they had omitted to inform me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home