Matthew's Foray into Blogging

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Obi-Wan, You’re Our Only Hope

I think I am hopeless. Even legal recruiting firms – headhunters – cannot assist me in my efforts to find employment.

The good people at Prescott Legal Search informed me, “it appears highly unlikely that we will be able to assist with your job search, based on our clients’ requirements.” BCG Attorney Search declined to take me on, as, based on my profile and the market in which I am located, I should experience no difficulty in securing employment, and therefore do not need their assistance, they claimed.

5 Comments:

  • It's so depressing to be you. But I'm trying to decide if I should go back to college to get a different degree just so I can get some teaching experience. No college wants to hire me without teaching experience, and while I don't blame them, I still think they're bastards for it.

    And I've considered law school. But it seems like a real trial. And everyone's doing it. How can there be so many people in law school (I can readily list 8 people I know who are in or have just finished law school)? What I'd never want to happen is to end up on the back of a phone book with an ad reading that I'm part of Arizona's Best Law Firm for Accident victims or something like that.

    Anyway, I feel your pain. Good luck.

    By Blogger Aries327, at 11:18 AM, September 11, 2005  

  • So what they are saying is that they should get out of the headhunting business because all unemployed lawyers can find jobs on their own?

    Not much of a sales pitch...

    By Blogger Thomas, at 11:51 AM, September 11, 2005  

  • You're looking for a job? You should've told me. I can get you a job by 3 o'clock tomorrow.

    By Blogger hal the brown, at 4:48 PM, September 11, 2005  

  • Hal, will this job pay better than minimum wage? Does it have benefits?

    By Blogger Matthew, at 3:23 AM, September 12, 2005  

  • don't listen to hal. he said he coulld get me feather pants a week ago. i still haven't gotten any feather pants.

    By Blogger Katherine, at 10:15 AM, September 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home