Matthew's Foray into Blogging

Friday, September 23, 2005

Optimistically Hoping for… the Worst

My sister is being optimistic about Hurricane Rita – she is optimistically hoping for the worst. “please God, let it take out UH law… and all of UH campus” When she implored god to “make the hurricane come my way and destroy the law building forever so I can quit,” I inquired, “What if they ship UH students to other schools, though, like they have done New Orleans students?” She replied, “yeah im hoping i can decline and get money back” “I don’t know,” I reminded her, “Universities and colleges are pretty stingy with their money.” At least she was being positive about something.

2 Comments:

  • I was disappointed in the hurricane as well. I slept through the whole thing. I quite pissed that I missed the Arcade Fire concert in Ausint too. I did develop quite the lawless attitude before the hurricane hit, though. I was speeding and not using turn signals while drivng yesterday. I was even rude to people unnecessarily. But I was necesarily rude to the jackass in the liquor store yesterday. He rang up my purchase incorrectly and then proceded to give me shit about taking too long counting my money. I told him to stop whining and to bag up my liquor. Then as I walked out, I was busy being glad I wasn't the homeless guy stumbling around the store with leaves in his hair.

    And Hurricane dance Party 2005 was pretty awesome.

    By Blogger hal the brown, at 6:53 PM, September 24, 2005  

  • Aw, man! I missed Hurricane dance Party 2005?

    By Blogger Matthew, at 3:35 AM, September 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home