Matthew's Foray into Blogging

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Support the Troops!

Is it just me, or do the automobiles that most frequently sport the “Support Our Troops” ribbons tend to be SUVs and pickup trucks? It makes sense that SUV owners would support the war in Iraq. Sport-ute owners want American soldiers and Marines to put their lives on the line to ensure that there is a steady supply of inexpensive gasoline to fuel those gas-guzzling vehicles.

It seems we could do more to support the troops by reducing our consumption of oil.

3 Comments:

  • I like to put it in terms of lives. When I fill up I think to myself that for every gallon of gas I buy, an Iraqi dies. I put 11.5 gallons in yesterday so that half gallon must've been a child or maybe some Iraqi just lost his legs. I make sure to drive my car really hard so soon there will be no one standing and our troops can return home. Damn, I'm such a patriot.

    By Blogger hal the brown, at 8:06 AM, September 01, 2005  

  • I hadn't thought about it in those terms. Do you suppose you could create a bumper sticker or car magnet to express that?

    By Blogger Matthew, at 8:32 AM, September 01, 2005  

  • I think it would work better not on my car. I think pictures would work better too. I'm thinking a picture of an Iraqi with severed limbs = picture of a gas can. That would make me feel warm inside.

    By Blogger hal the brown, at 8:41 AM, September 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home