Matthew's Foray into Blogging

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Traveling Would Have Been Nice

It would have been nice had I been able to use some of the last seven-and-a-half months since completing the bar exam in February – seven-and-a-half months in which I have been unemployed – to have done some traveling. I could have lived in France, or any number of other countries in the developed world, and learned the language via immersion and classes.

The only problem is that, when one travels, not only is one spending money, but also one is not making any money.

I was surprised to learn that L. Paul Bremer is also a classically trained French chef.

4 Comments:

  • It's fairly obvious - you need a sugar-mama. Perhaps an insanely wealthy, French sugar-mama (if France is where you really want to go...)?

    By Blogger Ashley, at 7:01 PM, September 29, 2005  

  • Hm, I had not thought about that. That is my brother's plan, though - to marry a wealthy woman.

    By Blogger Matthew, at 6:43 AM, September 30, 2005  

  • Just go. Along the way you can find odd jobs to support yourself. Maybe traveling and speaking other languages will make you more attractive to law firms. Go teach in English in China or somewhere.

    By Blogger Aries327, at 11:05 AM, September 30, 2005  

  • My plan has actually developed far beyond one wealthy woman. I now require a team of women to take care of me. One to, of course, support me financially(her presence is not all that necessary), one to feed me and one to entertain/roll me over so I don't get bed sores. I'm sure once the applications start pouring in I'll have plenty of work for all of them, after reviewing their files.

    By Blogger hal the brown, at 9:07 PM, September 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home