Matthew's Foray into Blogging

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Hate Dining Out, Generally

I think one could safely say that the vast majority of restaurants, for want of a better word, suck. I dine out infrequently, because good restaurants are few and far between. I detest restaurant chains.

I subscribe to the philosophy of Clotilde Dusoulier, author of the Chocolate & Zucchini blog: “Every meal should be an extraordinary experience in taste and aesthetics, every dish a subtle yet powerful combination of flavors, every bite an explosion of layers of savor.” I agree with Mireille Guiliano in that I do not want to waste calories on insipid fare.

Unfortunately, the people with whom I work at my new job do not have any objections to patronizing substandard restaurants. I prefer to bring a lunch from home; it is less expensive and it is better, in so many ways, than what can be had at the local eateries. The dining options in Conroe are particularly dismal. However, I cannot fail to join my coworkers for lunch all of the time. I guess paying exorbitant prices for bland, calorie-laden vittles will just be a cost of doing business.

1 Comments:

  • “Every meal should be an extraordinary experience in taste and aesthetics, every dish a subtle yet powerful combination of flavors, every bite an explosion of layers of savor.”

    well that just about sums up a night at Red Lobster, doesn't it?

    By Blogger kari, at 6:37 PM, October 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home