Matthew's Foray into Blogging

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Metabolism Slowing

Is it possible to fit exercise into one’s schedule on a regular basis when one works from eight o’clock to six o’clock? I am finding it difficult. Some of the other attorneys work until nine or ten o’clock or they come in to the office on weekends, putting in seventy hours a week, so I cannot complain. I didn’t know there were that many hours in a week. I’ve heard that when one has a real job and is tied down behind a desk, the metabolism drops through the floor.

6 Comments:

  • I went to the gym this morning. Though I don't have to be at work until 9:30. You should get a membership to 24 hour and maybe you can drag me to the gym earlier. I'm trying the gym in the morning thing all week so we'll see how it goes.

    By Blogger hal the brown, at 8:09 AM, October 18, 2005  

  • metabolism.....slowing....to.....a......crawl.....
    yeah, tied to desk + vending machines = me.
    don't let this happen to you!

    By Blogger kari, at 9:08 AM, October 18, 2005  

  • yeah, you're totally going to get office chair butt. i have it. it sucks.

    By Blogger red.hot.mamma!, at 9:29 PM, October 18, 2005  

  • This reminds me of my cute personal trainer. I need to bring him back to force myself doing exercise. The best part is boxing, it releases my anger cumulated doing office work 10 hours a day. Excerise hopefully make us live longer, but we should not live longer to just exercise and work. ;-(

    By Blogger New York Red, at 10:38 PM, October 18, 2005  

  • What ever happened to working 9 to 5?

    By Blogger Matthew, at 3:26 AM, October 19, 2005  

  • I have dropped 5 pounds in the past 2 weeks simply by eating 4 pieces of fruit throughout the day (apples, pears, etc.). I work way over 40 hours a week and it can seriously hamper my workout routine.

    I read that you can burn 300-500 calories a day if you keep some small amount of food in your stomach at all times. Digestion itself burns calories.

    I recently discovered that being over 30 sucks metabolism-wise.

    By Blogger Ashley, at 8:31 PM, October 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home