Matthew's Foray into Blogging

Thursday, October 06, 2005

What Does “Professional” Hair Look Like?

I do not have a “professional” haircut. My mom chastised me for cutting my hair with the clippers again. She has made it known that she would prefer that I let my hair grow out, so that someone armed with scissors can take my money… and give me a professional-looking haircut. Professional-looking haircuts, those that professionals wear, cost money. Maybe some day I will have “professional” money, so I can afford a professional haircut.

Now I will probably be all self-conscious about my hair tomorrow during that interview. I suppose I could just wear a hat, to conceal my unprofessional-looking hair.

6 Comments:

  • good luck on the interview!

    By Blogger Ashley, at 2:22 PM, October 06, 2005  

  • i second that, matthew. and i'm sure your hair will be just fine.

    By Blogger kari, at 3:44 PM, October 06, 2005  

  • Thank you for the well wishes. I don't want to say anything to the effect that it will turn out like all of the other interviews, which led to nothing, lest I jinx myself. Doh!

    By Blogger Matthew, at 5:19 PM, October 06, 2005  

  • or maybe you just reverse psychologied yourself, and it will turn out smashingly.

    By Blogger kari, at 6:25 PM, October 06, 2005  

  • I know what the point is in telling me that I don’t have a “professional” haircut and that I need a “professional-looking” coif. I guess I am of the (mistaken?) belief that close-cut hair is not too offensive, or “unprofessional” looking, and that the money savings outweigh the disadvantages of an “unprofessional” crop.

    By Blogger Matthew, at 7:04 PM, October 06, 2005  

  • yay! interview...what good news :), and sometimes I quite like messy, "unprofessional" hair.

    By Blogger Ashley, at 11:07 PM, October 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home