Matthew's Foray into Blogging

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Weight Loss Is a Good Thing, Generally

I have lost a considerable amount of weight in the last few months. I did not have that much weight to lose with which to begin. The weight loss is attributable to reduced calorie intake and lack of exercise. With my new job, I do not have the opportunity to eat as frequently as I am accustomed, and exercise, particularly progressive resistance training, is essentially no longer a part of my life.

Some people have commented on my weight loss, and have suggested that I need to eat more. The problem with eating more is that, because I now lead a rather sedentary lifestyle, the consumption of calories in excess of what I expend will lead to the gain of unwanted weight, i.e., fat.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home