Matthew's Foray into Blogging

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Galveston County

I’m going to the beach today! OK, not really, but I associate Galveston with the beach, because that is why we would go to the Island back when I was a wee lad.

True to form, they do not inform me until after nine o’clock the night before that I will be going out of county. Only, this time, I am driving a bit further than the thirty miles in to Houston. I am driving eighty miles to Galveston County. I was informed that the client is pretty much screwed. I was probably tapped to go to Galveston because no one else wanted to go and because I could not make matters any worse. I just need to remember to reset the trip odometer, so I can be reimbursed for the mileage.

3 Comments:

  • Good luck, show 'em what you can do!

    By Blogger Lesley, at 5:46 AM, December 01, 2005  

  • Wow, a trip to the Island to assist a lost cause. I hope you at least stop for some good seafood before you head back up.

    By Blogger Steve, at 8:44 AM, December 01, 2005  

  • The weather was nice on the Island this morning. Unfortunately, I drove 168 miles just to get a reset, because the prosecutor who was familiar with the case was not there. The one assistant DA who was in the courtroom could not make any other offers, and we were not willing to plead to a DWI.

    By Blogger Matthew, at 9:48 AM, December 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home