Matthew's Foray into Blogging

Monday, December 26, 2005

Less Blogging, More Reading

I used to be an avid reader. I would read fiction and nonfiction literature for leisure. When I started law school, though, I suddenly had no time for leisure. Since I have finished school – about a year ago – I have not returned to leisure reading. (The newspaper does not count.) This is unfortunate, because the benefits of reading are myriad. I feel as though I am doing nothing to improve literacy rates. I should spend less time on the Internet and in the Blogosphere, and more time with a good book.

5 Comments:

  • In addition to your extra pair of arms, you also need another head so you can play on the internet and read a novel at the same time. I bet a set of eyes on your forehead would do the job too. That would probably require less science anyway.

    By Blogger hal the brown, at 8:02 AM, December 26, 2005  

  • I agree. I need to do the same.

    By Blogger Thomas, at 1:01 PM, December 27, 2005  

  • Thomas is quite well read, I understand. As I sit here in front of the computer, surfing the Internet and blogging.

    By Blogger Matthew, at 3:13 AM, December 28, 2005  

  • What kind of writing do you like? I like Elmore Leonard and David L. Robbins primarily...

    By Blogger Steve, at 2:25 PM, December 28, 2005  

  • I remember reading a comment about web blogging is like "You shit where you eat". I find that disturbing since I blog as well and spend regular time reading Thomas and Mattew's blog...but reading a good book and blogging is competing with each other over our limited time allocated to such activities besides the basics: eat, drink, man, woman. I like rading but is finding less time doing it, so like this post very much.

    By Blogger New York Red, at 11:31 PM, December 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home