Matthew's Foray into Blogging

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Crowds Scare Me

Actually, I do not suffer from demophobia or ochlophobia, which are phobias of crowds. Maybe I’m anthrophobic. People in general don’t scare me, though, just some of the people. I ventured to the mall, yesterday, a place I generally prefer to avoid. I don’t judge people based on appearance, but, um, some people just look weird. I think it’s the people who are trying too hard to project a particular image who strike me as odd. “It is only shallow people who do not judge by appearances.” Oscar Wilde.

4 Comments:

  • Some people dress so strangely that it attracts attention. And then they get mad when they draw attention. I guess I'm thinking of this woman I know whose daughter was pierced everywhere, tattooed, and dressed almost like a witch. And she would glare at people who looked her way and angrily ask them why they were looking at her.

    By Blogger Ivy the Goober, at 12:18 PM, January 08, 2006  

  • Isn't that what the people who dress outlandishly want? What do they expect?

    By Blogger Matthew, at 5:21 PM, January 08, 2006  

  • I've noticed that in general, most of the people you see out in public are, well, quite unattractive. It reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry proclaimed to Elaine that something like 93% of the population is completely undateable (I forget the actual #, but it was in the 90's). Sigh. It's tough to be one of the "beautiful people." ;)

    By Blogger red.hot.mamma!, at 5:37 PM, January 09, 2006  

  • Sounds like you went to the Woodlands Mall.

    I fear people who are different on purpose. If you want to be a human tattoo, wear nose rings, and dress in black leather, don't freak out when I stare. Oh yeah, and don't stand to close, I don't want to catch it ;)

    By Blogger ConroeTexas, at 12:03 PM, January 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home