Matthew's Foray into Blogging

Friday, January 06, 2006

Look Out, New York

My sister and two of her friends are departing for New York City today, where they will be spending a week and visiting another friend. I provided her with some restaurant reviews by Clotilde Dusoulier, the young French lady who authors the Chocolate & Zucchini food blog (which needs no promotion, as wildly popular as it is). I have never been to New York, but I think it would be fun to visit, for the dining experiences and the museums. My sister is traveling on a budget, but she should still be able to have an enjoyable trip. I hope they have fun and I hope they are safe.

5 Comments:

  • I've been to New York once. It was all right. The best food I had was a Kosher hot dog from a street vendor a couple blocks from the Empire State Building. Excellent. Will always buy kosher hot dogs since that meal.

    By Blogger Steve, at 1:10 PM, January 06, 2006  

  • Hope you have a wonderful time! My husband was less than enthused about going a couple of years ago, and he wound up having a great time. I got to see Le Mis, so I was a happy, happy camper.

    Tell us all about it when you get back!

    By Blogger English Professor, at 2:47 PM, January 06, 2006  

  • They will have a great time here, I believe. Mattew! When is your turn? Every 6 years?

    By Blogger New York Red, at 10:53 PM, January 06, 2006  

  • I took my son there summer 2005 for his 19th birthday and had an awesome time. I had taken my daughter and her best friend there last year for Spring Break. I was surprised she chose NYC, I thought she'd ask to go somewhere warm for spring break, but it was awesome, and I had some great food.

    By Blogger Ivy the Goober, at 5:14 AM, January 07, 2006  

  • Oops. I didn't read carefully enough--I thought you were going with them. Well, hope they have fun.

    By Blogger English Professor, at 7:03 AM, January 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home