Matthew's Foray into Blogging

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Return from New York

My sister has returned from New York. It sounds as though she enjoyed herself. She and her traveling companions actually visited some of the places for which New York is renowned, such as Rockefeller Center, rather than just hitting Bloomingdale’s. They attended a taping of The Late Show with David Letterman, about which I have yet to hear. I have not heard many of the details of her trip, but if there is anything noteworthy, I will mention it.

She only made it to one of the restaurants on the list that I provided to her, Sugar Sweet Sunshine Bakery. I was able to sample a cupcake that she brought back. It was quite delectable; the buttercream frosting was extremely buttery. My sister also did not have an opportunity to dine at any of the ramenyas, authentic ramen shops, that she so wanted to try. Maybe some day she and I can visit New York together and dine at some of the acclaimed restaurants.

5 Comments:

  • Ooh I wonder if she saw Kiefer Sutherland interviewed. I would be very jealous!

    By Blogger Lesley, at 3:40 AM, January 12, 2006  

  • mmm...cupcakes.

    i think in new york i would be compelled to see the daily show. and then become jon stewart's bride.

    By Blogger kari, at 4:56 PM, January 12, 2006  

  • sugar sweet sunshine has the BEST cupcakes in new york. because of their icing. their icing rocks. far better than magnolia and the buttercup bake shop.

    their lemon cupcakes are so good that i am drooling a little bit.

    By Blogger heatherfeather, at 5:38 PM, January 12, 2006  

  • i saw albert brooks and kristin cavalleri (sp?) - there was no musical guest. if id been a day later, i would have seen scarlett johanson! oh man, i didnt get a lemon one! i got pistachio, ooey gooey, sexy red velvet, and then the regular one - sunshine? cant remember.

    By Blogger Katherine, at 9:35 AM, January 13, 2006  

  • All I wanted was a picture of a true, real life New York City bum. But did I get one? No. Fuck you too, Katherine.

    By Blogger hal the brown, at 3:40 PM, January 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home