Matthew's Foray into Blogging

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Gâteau au chocolat fondant de Nathalie

The chocolate cake I baked for a coworker’s birthday was a success, though. It met with rave reviews. I doubled the recipe and baked two cakes, so everyone at home would not see me walking out the door with a cake while they were left with no cake. The recipe comes from Clotilde Dusoulier’s Chocolate & Zucchini food blog, which the young French lady took from Trish Deseine’s Je Veux du Chocolat! (I Want Chocolate!) . This cake is quite easy to make. The version of the recipe provided by Mme. Dusoulier (whose wildly successful blog needs no promotion by me) gives the measurements in grams, thus requiring a kitchen scale. Consisting merely of chocolate, butter, eggs, sugar, and a miniscule amount of flour, this cake is dense and intensely chocolate-y and requires no frosting. Consisting merely of chocolate, butter, eggs, sugar, and a miniscule amount of flour, it is also not exactly what I need to be eating, considering my low level of physical activity.

5 Comments:

  • between the lamb and the gateau au chocolat, what does someone need to do to be invited to dinner? from denver?

    i promise not to say yech at all.

    By Blogger heatherfeather, at 6:28 AM, February 01, 2006  

  • Just show up. A Saturday or Sunday would be your best bet, as I would not have work. Inform me ahead of time, and I can plan something extra special for you.

    By Blogger Matthew, at 6:04 PM, February 01, 2006  

  • woohoo!

    but i suppose this will require me to travel to texas. i don't know when i'll be able to do that. but woohoo!

    By Blogger heatherfeather, at 8:23 PM, February 01, 2006  

  • Hey, I got a pineapple upside down cake for my birthday! It was good, but yours sounds really yummy. Sounds like a dessert I had at M Grill once in Dallas. They changed their name, and I can't remember the new name - but anyway the cake was "flourless" cake and sounds a lot like what you described.

    Better not invite ME to show up. I actually live close enough to do it!

    By Blogger Ivy the Goober, at 8:50 PM, February 01, 2006  

  • You can stop by, too, Ivy.

    By Blogger Matthew, at 3:02 AM, February 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home