Matthew's Foray into Blogging

Thursday, February 23, 2006

If the Coffee Is Folger’s, the Brownies Are Probably from a Mix from a Box

I prefer to bring a sandwich for lunch, rather than waste my money at the uninspiring restaurants that Conroe has to offer. However, I cannot always decline to dine with my coworkers. Thus, I will occasionally tag along and have dessert or coffee after I have eaten my economical but nourishing and satisfying sandwich (I make good sandwiches).

In response to my inquiry as to what kind of coffee they offer, the server at Italian Deli replied, “regular coffee.” I prodded further, “Do you grind the beans here, or is it Folger’s?” “It’s just plain Folger’s. This isn’t Starbucks,” she replied. I opted for the $1.03 brownie and a glass of water.

4 Comments:

  • I know, I'm a friggin' weirdo.

    By Blogger Matthew, at 2:56 AM, February 23, 2006  

  • Don't you hate those pressure lunches? I had a job many years ago where if you didn't go to lunch with "the crowd" then you were antisocial and hated.

    No one ever seemed to notice that 1) I was low man on the salary totem pole and coudn't afford lunch every freaking day and 2) I brought food to eat.

    Good thing about working in Grangerland and only have 25 minutes for lunch, you eat what you bring and there are no forced social lunchs, almost.

    By Blogger Thomas Vickers, at 9:54 AM, February 23, 2006  

  • I used to live in Conroe. Don't remember there being that many good places to eat anyway!

    By Blogger jules, at 4:26 PM, February 23, 2006  

  • I find your culinary snobbery to be quite endearing.

    By Blogger Ashley, at 6:20 PM, February 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home