Matthew's Foray into Blogging

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine’s Grinches

I gather that some people do not like Valentine’s Day. My brother is one of those people. A coworker’s wife, who teaches elementary-age children, could not wait for Valentine’s Day to be over. I don’t think it is that insidious. At worst, you have to pick up some flowers or a card, or go to a special dinner with one that you love. I actually enjoy surprising someone with a small gift, like the tulip plants I bought for my mom.1



1 Live flowers are immensely better than cut flowers, as the recipient can continue to enjoy the plants as they grow and produce more flowers. The Gulf Coast climate is actually unsuitable for growing tulip bulbs in the ground, as there is too much moisture, but the bulbs can be kept in pots.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home