Matthew's Foray into Blogging

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Damned Girl Scouts and Their Cookies

Instead of peddling cookies and contributing to the epidemic of obesity in America, the Girl Scouts should be selling exquisite fruits, such as Harry & David offers, or conducting aerobics or yoga classes – something to promote healthy lifestyles, perhaps.

As I was preparing to go to the grocery store, my sister requested that I buy Girl Scout cookies. She specified the variety with peanut butter on the inside and chocolate on the outside. She also stated that I should buy copious quantities of Girl Scout cookies. She had already consumed several boxes of the little pixies’ pastries this season, but I knew I had better not return home without the demanded sweets.

I do not remember the last time I ate a Girl Scout cookie, but I remember the last time I shelled out my cash to satisfy my sister’s Girl Scout cookie fix.

6 Comments:

  • especially when they stand by the door of the grocery store when it's -5 degrees with a -30 windchill and you feel that you HAVE to buy it or they'll die destitute AND cold. sigh...

    By Blogger heatherfeather, at 10:52 AM, March 15, 2006  

  • Isn't it annoying how Katherine can stuff herself full of those cookes and yet, she magically remains skinny? I keep telling her it will catch up with her one day...Katherine also has bad taste in girl scout cookies. I prefer the Thin Mints. Luckily, I don't think I'm going to have to worry about cute little girl scout girls knocking on my avenue d apartment door this year...

    By Blogger Rach, at 10:55 AM, March 15, 2006  

  • Hello!? What are big brothers far, if not to score their sisters a fix now and then? Girl Scout cookies are way cheaper than other bad habits.

    Pick me up some thin mints while you're out, will you? Five boxes ought to do it.

    By Blogger English Professor, at 3:03 PM, March 15, 2006  

  • ahhh, good old Tagalongs. I know it's terrible, but I've started giving the dog Trefoils instead of doggie biscuits as treats.

    By Blogger Ivy the Goober, at 4:56 PM, March 15, 2006  

  • Yeah you got my cookies - but you failed terribly by buying THREE boxes of the SAME kind. I listed off 4 kinds of cookies. Caramel Delites (for other brother), the peanut butter sandwich ones (me), the lemon ones (for mom), AND the chocolate peanut butter ones (me). EVERYONE knows you don't buy only ONE kind of cookie. And I'm not even going to go into the TRUE story behind the ice cream fight - STOP BITCHING ABOUT ME ON YOUR BLOG OR I'LL REALLY GIVE YOU SOMETHING TO BITCH ABOUT.

    By Blogger Katherine, at 3:21 PM, March 16, 2006  

  • You're welcome for the cookies, Katherine

    By Blogger Matthew, at 4:37 AM, March 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home