Matthew's Foray into Blogging

Monday, April 17, 2006

There’s Always Next Year

Another weekend goes by that I do not shine my shoes or vacuum the floor, as I have intended to do for a number of weekends now. I have some poppy seeds that I have been meaning to plant, but I think it has become a bit late to put them in the ground. Poppies do not fare well in warmer weather. I actually meant to plant them last spring, as they were packaged for 2005. I suppose I can sow them late this year or in early 2007, and see what sprouts. At this rate, I will also be putting off vacuuming the floor and shining my shoes until next year.

5 Comments:

  • Or you could send the seeds to a child entrepreneur in Afghanistan.

    By Blogger Ashley, at 4:49 AM, April 17, 2006  

  • It is like you committed abortion on those poppy seeds, Matt.

    Each of those poppy seeds should have been a precious life.

    But I guess you decided, "Not so much." Right, Matt?

    By Blogger Thomas, at 7:13 AM, April 17, 2006  

  • Forget the vacuum and the seeds... go take a nice long road trip next weekend. Clear your head. Don't make any excuses about the price of gas or other chores on your list. Pick a destination or just get lost. It'll be good for your soul.

    By Blogger minijonb, at 2:00 PM, April 17, 2006  

  • matt, didn't know you were in the business of growing opium!

    hehehe.

    By Blogger Ashley, at 9:55 PM, April 17, 2006  

  • OK, I'm picturing you, now running through fields of poppies like in The Wizard of Oz.

    By Blogger Ivy the Goober, at 10:19 PM, April 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home