Matthew's Foray into Blogging

Friday, May 19, 2006

A Good Deal at Starbucks

I actually feel like I got my money’s worth at Starbucks, for once. Although Starbucks offers a quality product, I don’t typically buy their overpriced beverages. However, when I am traveling on the interstate and spending two dollars on a cup of coffee is necessary to prevent me from nodding off to sleep and driving off the road, I will splurge on an ice coffee or an Americano. I am partial to the coffee beverages that do not consist of flavored syrups. Yesterday, I inquired of the friendly barista as to what was in the mocha. As I suspected, it contained syrup. When a free sample was offered to me, though, I did not decline it. I was surprised when the sample of the mocha arrived in a cup that was not much smaller than the smallest-size cup that I had ordered, a tall, or large, or whatever they call it, other than “small.” Thus, I left Starbucks feeling as though I did not receive a bad deal for my $1.90. I was also able to stay awake during the last 30 miles back to the office.

2 Comments:

  • Amazing--the title sounds like an oxymoron.

    I don't drink coffee, but on those killer school days when I'm in need of comfort food, I'll sometimes indulge in their warm vanilla drink (whatever it's called). It's like coming out of the rain to a warm fire.

    By Blogger English Professor, at 8:15 PM, May 22, 2006  

  • You should just give the baristas some free legal advice from time to time, Matt. They will give you good deals I bet.

    By Blogger Thomas, at 6:30 PM, June 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home