Matthew's Foray into Blogging

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The horror! the horror!

I did not want to spend nearly three-and-a-half days’ pay on repairing body damage on the Si. I knew the cost to remedy a broken taillight cover and a dent near the fuel door would be higher than I anticipated. But this is even higher than I anticipated! Am I being taken advantage of? Probably, but I don’t have time to shop around for a better estimate. Is the Chevy dealership the first place I would have preferred to take the Si for bodywork? No, but the Honda dealership does not have a body shop, and the Chevy dealership is “approved” by my insurance company and it is close to the office. Is the Chevy dealership the first place I would like to spend nearly three-and-a-half days’ pay? No. Hard to come by, easy go. So much for saving money. If I was going to spend money wantonly, could have purchased a new suit, or a Japanese knife. Instead, I am throwing money away on something for which I do not care to be allocating cash. What a waste! It’s like adding insult to injury. It’s like adding injury to injury!

2 Comments:

  • It could be worse, the Pontiac/GM dealer in Conroe is the worst. DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO Wiesner.

    Take this advice seriously.

    I did have good luck at the Mazda body shop once, but that doesn't say much for 22 years + of car repairs in Conroe.

    By Blogger Thomas Vickers, at 12:38 PM, May 23, 2006  

  • Man, cars and damage in TX. My car's at the Honda dealership at I-10 right now.

    By Blogger Steve, at 7:32 AM, May 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home