Matthew's Foray into Blogging

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Pizza Blanco

I am eating white pizza for dinner tonight. I ran out of time to make tomato sauce. I typically make the pizza dough the night before, so it can undergo a slow rise in the refrigerator. This improves the flavor and makes for fewer tasks to be performed on the day of pizza making. I also generally make pizza Margherita, with just tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella. However, there is no basil growing in the yard. Since some people in the household must have meat with every meal, I will make a few pizzas with prosciutto di Parma, arugula, tomatoes, and mozzarella. Tonight, I made such a pizza for two. But only one is eating. I am home alone. This time, I added the arugula after baking the pizza, as at Dolce Vita. I should have added the Parma ham after baking, also. I do not like how it crisped up like bacon. Homemade pizza is good, though. And fun to make.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home