Matthew's Foray into Blogging

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Pressure

Clubs are not my thing. Going out and staying up late are not for me. However, I had no choice last weekend. Fellow employees had been asking me to accompany them when they went “clubbing,” and I had declined. However, at the beginning of last week, they “established” that I was going out with them. They were talking about renting a limo to ferry them between clubs. They were also talking up this event to everyone. People all about the courthouse had caught word of it. Some were telling me it would be fun. Others were warning me not to go.

We only went to one club, Red Door. It was dark and deafeningly loud. I had a few drinks at the coworker’s house before the limo arrived, but I did not drink anything at the club. I had to sleep all day Saturday to recover.

I suppose I should be flattered that they desired my company. In the future, it will be easier for me to escape, as I can now say I have done it, and I reconfirmed that I am ill-suited for clubbing.

3 Comments:

  • So, you are that coworker. You will have to come to my next party and meet my reluctant coworker.

    I have been trying different drinks lately. For reasons unknown to me, I have had been presented with lots of social drinking opportunities over the past year. This is after many, predominately dry years. I suggest sticking to vodka tonics with lime. Choose a good vodka and I swear, you will sleep soundly, but you won't get a hangover.

    By Blogger Ashley, at 8:29 AM, July 02, 2006  

  • Somebody sounds like an elitist.

    By Blogger Thomas, at 9:18 AM, July 02, 2006  

  • I agree. Too much smoke. Too much noise. Not my cup of tea either.

    By Blogger Sphinx, at 10:20 PM, July 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home