Matthew's Foray into Blogging

Sunday, August 13, 2006

I Pity the Fool!

…who has to fly from Gatwick Airport, London, to Intercontinental Airport, Houston, in the wake of the failed terrorist attacks. My sister happened to be returning from a two-month European tour at a rather inopportune time. Days before she was to fly back, British authorities thwarted a terrorist plot to blow up airliners from the U.K. bound for the U.S. Fortunately, the terrorists’ nefarious plot was foiled. However, the discovery of the planned attack prompted heightened security and, consequently, significant delays at airports. My sister’s flight was only delayed for a bit shy of three hours. Unfortunately for me, she was unable to carry back any Scotch or Irish whiskys. Carryon luggage was severely restricted, and the transport of liquids, such as water, fragrances, hair styling aids, and liquor, was prohibited, as bombs consisting of liquid materials were among the weapons the terrorists planned to use. I was so looking forward to a bottle of Laphroaig. I am glad that my sister is safe at home.

1 Comments:

  • she might have had a more luxurious trip if she had stuck herself in a FedEx box for the trip. very very glad she's home safe and sound.

    By Blogger minijonb, at 8:57 PM, August 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home