Matthew's Foray into Blogging

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Work on Weekends

I don’t mind working on weekends, provided I don’t have to go into the office. Since I am not paid by the hour, it does not benefit me to clock in to surf the Internet. I am not suggesting that anyone does this, but I can take my work home with me, and save the gallon of gas that I would use in driving the thirty-mile roundtrip. Of course, I lose out on making an appearance at the office on weekends, but that is a small price to pay.

1 Comments:

  • I feel you on this one.
    It is good teaching practice to attend after school functions, dances, football games, volleyball games, because it really lets the kids know who is paying attention.
    The crappy side is that the administration often looks down upon those who don't make it a weekly occurance.
    Like I really want to stay at work till 7pm two nights a week just for appearances.
    Once every couple of weeks works for the kids and that should be enough.
    Ohh.... But it isn't.
    I won't even touch weekends.
    I say stay home, have a beer, and do your work there.

    By Blogger Thomas Vickers, at 8:44 AM, September 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home