Matthew's Foray into Blogging

Monday, October 30, 2006

Biting Off More Than I Can Chew

Weekends are short enough as it is, and I already try to pack too much into them, but when I go to the grocery store on Saturday mornings, often times, some food item will jump out at me. For instance, this weekend, I saw tomatillos that were as fresh and verdant as any I had ever seen. I could not pass them up, so, in addition to cooking the beef brisket that I had planned, I was going to have to find something to do with a pound of tomatillos. Then, in the meat department, I saw some bone-in, “natural” pork loin chops. HEB has been offering a broader selection of “natural” beef and pork. “Natural” need not mean anything more than that artificial colors have not been added, but the people at HEB promise that it means that the animal was raised without the use of antibiotics, hormones, animal byproducts, industrial waste, etc. As I could not pass up these nice looking pork chops, I also had to incorporate them into a meal. Some of those organic collard greens I saw in the produce department would accompany the pork chops well. Before I know it, I have spent a good part of my weekend in the kitchen, preparing all of this tempting-looking food that caught my eye at the grocery store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home