Matthew's Foray into Blogging

Monday, November 27, 2006

I’ll Tell You What You Can Do with Your Brine!

I’m tired of the “brining” fad. Every chef and person who can have him or herself associated with food says we have to brine our Thanksgiving turkey. Scott Tycer, formerly of Aries, currently of Pic, even suggests using a brining needle, to inject the brine into the joints! If turkey is so dry and bland that it requires brining, why bother eating it? We dry age beef to intensify the flavor. But we’re supposed to water down our turkeys with flavorful liquids. Just start with a good turkey, like an organic or a heritage bird, and don’t overcook it.

6 Comments:

  • I don't even know what brine is so I haven't fallen prey to this fad, Matt.

    By Blogger Thomas, at 7:10 PM, November 30, 2006  

  • I blame Rachel Ray.
    She is the root of all culinary evil.

    I refuse to let her appear on my television.

    Even if she cooked while completely nude and finished the show with a live Tijuana Donkey act, I still wouldn't want to watch her.

    Rachel Ray = Brine = Evil

    TV

    By Blogger Thomas Vickers, at 8:18 AM, December 14, 2006  

  • Matt. Come back, Matt.

    By Blogger Thomas, at 5:24 PM, December 19, 2006  

  • I just snorted club soda up my nose because of Thomas Vickers' comment. I choked when I laughed and then got a fizzy headache when the soda entered my sinus cavities.

    Thanks, Thomas Vickers. I didn't like Rachael Ray, either. I figured she was put on television to compete with the pretty Italian gal with the enormous toothy grin(don't know her name).

    By Blogger Ashley, at 12:09 PM, December 22, 2006  

  • The toothy italian girl is Giada De Laurentis (sp?)

    Merry Christmas, Matthew.

    By Blogger Steve, at 11:18 AM, December 24, 2006  

  • Ah, pretty Italian girls with toothy grins...

    Where am I?

    By Blogger Thomas, at 3:59 PM, December 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home